How about making this for Fathers Day.. Awesome recipe for a family gathering. Make sure that the biltong is not dry, the inner must still be red and soft. It’s absolutely delicious with a fusion of flavors!
This recipe is for at least 50 people.
- 1,5 Kg Shell Noodles
- 750ml Sour Cream
- Green and Red Peppers finely sliced
- 5 blocks of Chicken Stock
- Herbs and Garlic to taste
- 1Kg Sliced Biltong
- 12 large Onions finely chopped
- 1Kg grated Cheddar Cheese
- 500g Mushrooms
- 8 tablespoons Tomato Paste (or if preferred use about 6 packets of pepper sauce)
- Frozen vegetables of your choice.. 1Kg (obtional)
Mix the chicken stock and herbs with 3½ litre boiling water, add the tomato paste (or pepper sauce) in mix.
- Fry the Onions, Garlic and green peppers in olive oil until the onions are soft.
- Add the vegetables (obtional)
- Place the pasta on top, add the sauce, place lid on and cook for plus minus a half and hour.
- Add the sour cream, mushrooms, mix together.
- The biltong and cheese can now be added to this mixture, mix well, let it slowly simmer for 30 minutes on low temperature. (ash coals work very well)
- Serve with a salad.
ENJOY / EET LEKKER!
What do you have to say?