- 2 tsp of gelatin
Zest & juice of 1 naartjie (or other citrus fruit that is in season)
250 ml double cream
80 g selati caster sugar
500 ml buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the spiced plums:
- 6 plums, halved and stoned (or use strawberries if in season)
45 g caster sugar
100 ml naartjie juice, (or other citrus fruit that is in season)
1 star anise
- Sprinkle the gelatin into the naartjie juice to sponge. Heat the cream, sugar and orange zest in a pan over a gentle heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take off the heat. Stir the gelatin well, to remove any lumps and stir into the hot cream mixture until dissolved. Once dissolved, stir in the buttermilk.
- Pour equally into 6 x 150 ml ramekins, tea cups or small glasses. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Heat the oven to 200 C fan. Make a double thickness square parcel of foil. Pop the plums in the middle with the star anise, sprinkle with sugar and pull up the sides of the foil into a bundle to enclose the plums, making sure no juices can leak out. Carefully place onto a tray in the oven, and cook for 10 minutes until the plums are soft.
- When you are ready to serve dip the ramekins or cups in boiling water for a few seconds so the Panna Cotta will slide easily out. Turn each out on to your serving plates and spoon your plums and good amount of the juices around.
ENJOY / EET LEKKER
Sours: Recipe by: Sonja Edridge http://afternoonexpress.co.za/recipes/buttermilk-panna-cotta-with-spiced-plums/2308