- 1 Kg Chicken breasts – boneless or chicken portions – 12 pieces.
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Packet of Cook in Sauce mushrooms and wine flavour
- 500 g Paste Rice
- 250 ml Coconut cream or milk
- Olive Oil
- Cheddar cheese – 1 cup grated
- 2 Tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Cut the chicken in small chunks
- Slice the mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers.
- Grate the Cheese
- Slice the two tomatoes
Heat the pot and add the olive oil. Sauté the onions, red and green pepper until lightly golden brown, add the chicken pieces, brown them lightly. Add in the mushrooms and mix well. Pour in The Cook in Sauce and add water until covered. The pasta rice must be added to this mixture, mix well and cover. Keep on slow heat for 45 min to 1 hour or until the pasta is cooked.
Take off the heat. Stir in the cream, sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top and place tomatoes on top of the cheese. Grind with black pepper and place under the grill if you are making it on the stove, or otherwise add hot coals on the lid for 30 minutes.