- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch (2cm) strips
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ¾ cup heavy cream (175mL)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (5 g)
- ¼ cup pesto (55g)
- 3 cups penne pasta (600g), cooked and drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomato (150g), halved
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned.
- Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined.
- Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat.
- To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top!
ALSO TRY: Millionaires shortbread