- 6 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 red peppers
- 12 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh chili (optional) deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 x 400 g tin kidney beans, drained
- 2 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes (Italian tomatoes)
- 500 g free range beef mince
- Seasoning: salt and pepper
To serve you will need the following
- Fresh coriander
- Crème fresh
- Grated mature hard cheese
- Wedges of lime
Preheat the oven to 220 C – 428 F
- Bake for 45-50 min.
- Rub them all over with olive oil, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Wash potatoes and prick all over with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 min.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and peppers.
- Heat a large stewing pan or pot with a good amount of olive oil.
- Add all your chopped vegetables, chilli, cumin, cinnamon and good amount of seasoning.
- Cook for about 6-10 minutes, stirring until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the kidney beans and tomatoes, then break up the mince as you add.
- Fill one of the empty tomato tins with water and pour this into the pan.
- Pick the leaves from the coriander and place them in the fridge.
- Finely chop the washed stems and stir in.
- Bring to the boil and turn the heat down to a simmer with the lid on halfway for about an hour and a half, stirring every now and then.
Slit the potatoes then top with chilli con carne, yoghurt, a good helping of crème fresh. Squeeze over some lime.
You can serve with more chopped chilli for those people who like it hot
ENJOY! / EET LEKKER!