Very easy to prepare, just follow the instructions carefully and you will not be disappointed. When in oven it will rise high, don’t worry about it, when cooled it will settle.
- 2 Cups( 500 ml) full cream Milk
- 1 Cup(250 ml) Amarula
- 1 Cup (250 grams) flour
- 2 t (8 grams) Baking powder
- 1 Cup (200 grams) white sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 4 Tablespoons (57 grams) butter – melted
- Pinch of salt
- Fine cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180 ° C
Prepare baking dish by greasing it with a little butter as not to stick.
- Whisk together melted butter, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together your flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold into above mixture.
Mix the milk and Amarula then fold in the flour mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a large metal spoon gently fold the whisked egg whites into the mixture, using a figure-of-eight motion through the batter until even.
- Pour into greased baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake in preheated oven for + – 45 minutes until set
Let rest for 30 minutes before serving