Online applications are open for participants who want to try their hand at hosting a dinner party with three strangers on Come Dine with Me South Africa.
A new series has been confirmed, and will be aired on BBC Lifestyle – so the question remains, do you have what it takes to stir the pot right and walk away with a cash prize?
What to expect?
In each episode, four enthusiastic amateur chefs, over four nights, take it in turns to host a dinner party at their home for the other three. At the end of the week the best host wins a cash Prize.
Who should enter?
- are a whizz in the kitchen
- have loads of personality & confidence
- love entertaining
- have the ability to perform under pressure
- think you have what it takes to meet the challenge
The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and are enthusiastic about the show as well as a willingness to share their homes, cooking and private thoughts and opinions in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the show, must also be willing to socialise with each other at their homes over the course of four consecutive days.
Applications open on 12 May 2021 and close at midnight on 23 June 2021.
To qualify to participate:
- You must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age due to the nature of the Programme, and have turned 18 (eighteen) years old by 12 May 2021
- You must reside in one of the following South African cities – Johannesburg or Cape Town
- You must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa and currently live in South Africa
- You must not be, or have been, a professional chef or semi-professional chef and the Producers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to decide what constitutes a professional chef
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of Rapid Blue and BBC Studios and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants in the Programme or participate in the application process
- You must be able to commit to the filming on 5 (five) consecutive days and 4 (four) consecutive evenings which are currently expected to be between August 2021 and October 2021.
For more information and to apply to participate in the next series, you can click here.