- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons oil
Ingredients for the coating:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or chicken stock powder)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Sift flour and add together all the coating ingredients and grind finely with a mortar and pestle and place in a clean plastic bag.
- Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, then with the flour mixture in the bag. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered.
- Once browned, cover the skillet and keeping frying on a very gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
Place on paper towels to drain out the excess oil.
TIP: Do not crowd the pan, fry the chicken in batches if necessary, turning it when it’s gold. When the chicken is all-over golden, it’s done – cooked through, and perfectly juicy with a crunchy crust.