- 2 free range eggs
- 4 free range egg yolks
- 8 Tablespoons corn flour
- 230g Castor Snow
- 800ml milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- All butter puff pastry (you can buy this at food stores) Thaw before use according to instructions on pack.
- Cinnamon sugar (cinnamon mixed with sugar according to you taste)
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan and pre-heat oven to 200C/392F
- Place the eggs , yolks, sugar and corn flour in a pan and mix well together then gradually add the milk until mixture is well mixed and smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Place pan on medium heat and stir constantly with a whisk until mixture thickens and comes to the boil. Make sure that you have no lumps.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Put custard in a glass heat resistant bowl to cool and cover with cling film to prevent skin forming.
- Cut pastry sheet into two pieces and place them on top of each other. Roll the pastry lightly, from the short side, into a log and cut the log into 12 even sized rounds.
- On a lightly floured board, roll each round into a round shape (approx. 10cm) and press the pastry discs into the muffin tin.
- Spoon in to the pastry cups the cooled custard and bake for 20-25mins until golden on top.
Leave to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, remove and place on rack to finish cooling although they can be eaten warm.