To make your life easier, try this recipe for a snack or poolside meal, it’s delicious!
- Mince: 500 gm
- 2 Onions sliced finely
- 1 Tablespoon crushed Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Season with your favourite spices
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the pan over very high heat.
- Heat the oil, then fry the onions and garlic until fragrant and golden brown .
- Stir-fry the minced meat for a few minutes or until just browned.
- Add 60 ml (1/2 cup) water cover and simmer until soft en completely cooked.
- Set aside to cool
- 250 ml Cake Flour (1 cup)
- 10 ml Baking Powder (2 teaspoons)
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml Milk (1 cup)
- 125 ml Canola oil (½ cup)
- Paprika for sprinkling on top before baking
Preheat oven to
200 °F ~ 392 °C
- Using non -stick spray, grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins; Make sure you leave enough batter to fill the muffins to the top.
- Fill the cups almost half and add 2 tablespoons of the prepared mince in each muffin cup en add the left over mixture on the top. About 1 tablespoon on each.
- Sprinkle with paprika
Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy / Eet Lekker