- One 4-5 kg turkey
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Salt and pepper
- One handful fresh sage leaves
- Two oranges
- Prepare your Weber braai.
- Season the turkey inside and out with salt and pepper. Soften the butter, add the grated rind of one orange and a couple of sage leaves.
- Carefully loosen the skin over the turkey breast and push the flavoured butter in the cavity you’ve made. Squeeze the oranges over the turkey. Stuff the turkey cavity with the oranges and left over sage leaves.
- Place bird breast side up on grill directly above drip pan.
- Cover the braai, leaving all the vents open.
- Cook meat until meat near thighbone is no longer pink.
- Total cooking time should be 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
During the last half hour of cooking, baste turkey with melted butter regularly.
ENJOY! GENIET! And please post pictures of your Weber Turkey on our Facebook page or email to editor @ sapromo.com