This Old fashioned cookie will remind you of Grandma’s cookies. This is one recipe that I will make again!
- 560 g (4 x 250 ml) cake flour
200 g (250 ml) white Sugar
10 ml cream of tartar
2,5 ml salt
250 g butter
5 ml bicarbonate of soda
30 ml milk
2 eggs (Large)
5 ml vanilla essence
extra sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk.
- Beat the eggs and add the vanilla essence.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and beaten eggs to the flour mixture.
- Mix well to form smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic foil and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough out to 4 mm thickness and press out with cookie cutter of your choice. Mine was almost to thick, so be careful of that.
- Place on greased baking tray.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until done.
Leave to cool and sprinkle with a little bit of white sugar. (Optional)
What do you have to say?