This is almost the same as making your own biltong but it is FUN to make and very tasty. Smelling the herbs and waiting in anticipation for the process to complete and to taste the end result makes it an awesome experience.
We strongly recommend buying quality and fresh meat for the best tasting and looking Biltong Carpaccio.
- 1 Kg Beef Fillet (without membrane)
- ½ Cup of Coriander Seeds
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole All Spice Seeds
- 1 Cup of fine Coarse Salt, grinded (I use 1/2 cup)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil (for the Carpaccio)
- Black Pepper (for the Carpaccio)
- Few Capers (optional) (for the Carpaccio)
- First you need to dry your meat with a paper towel to remove the moist around it.
- Now, in a Pan heat the coriander seeds until you can smell the coriander aroma but do not toast.
- Add the coriander seeds, all spices and clover to a mortar and grind until you have broken all the seeds and add the salt and mix when done.
- Rub the meat on both sides with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with spices after. Now wrap the meat in Cling Film and let it stand overnight in a cool place.
- The next day take the meat out of the cling film and lightly shake off extra salt and spices.
- Hang the meat on a hook in a dry and airy place for 48 hours or more.
- After the hanging process, take the meat off the hooks and cut into thin slices.
- Places slices on a plate with trimmings of your choice, Capers, olive oil and black pepper.
- Leave 30 minutes before serving.
PS: Leave it to dry for longer and you will have biltong! I used this recipe per 2 kilograms meat and less salt.
ENJOY! LEKKER EET! GENIET! Please send your photos at the start and finish of your project to editor @ sapromo.com or post on our facebook page.