- 50 ml sugar
- 250 ml oil
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 20 ml cinnamon
- 8 ml of baking soda to mix with a little milk
- 250 ml bananas (that is about 3 bananas) crushed
- 250 ml coarsely grated carrots
- 125 g chopped nuts
- a little milk
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a round or square cake tin with melted butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon together.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the oil and continue beating.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture until smooth, and then finally fold in the grated carrots, mashed bananas and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set aside in the tin for 20 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Ingredients for icing:
- 110 ml butter
- 375 ml icing sugar
- 8 ml vanilla essence
- 100 ml cream cottage cheese
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the cream cheese and vanilla essence.
- Once the cake is cooled, ice and decorate the top with chopped nuts or have it just with the icing.
ENJOY / EET LEKKER