I made these in the school holiday’s, but they never lasted very long, no wonder five children can finish a tin of biscuits in no time!
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Flour
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Breakfast Oats
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Coconut
- 185 ml ( ¾ cups) White Sugar
- 20 ml (4 tsp) Golden Syrup
- 125 ml ( ½ cup) Butter OR Margarine
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 45–60 ml Boiling Water
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the Golden Syrup and butter together. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture.
- Mix together with the dry ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a Swiss Roll tin (or for a thicker crunchier biscuit, bake in a square 20 cm x 20 cm tin) and bake for 20 minutes at 150°C. Gently press down the sides if they seem to rise too much.
- When light brown, remove from the oven and cut into squares. Switch off the oven. Return the crunches to the oven for about 10 minutes to dry out.
- Allow to cool before placing them in a tin.