- 4 fresh figs, sliced into quarters
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp roughly chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 fresh hot cross buns, sliced in half to form two slices
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs Selati Castor Snow
- 4 Tbsp thick Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Method: for Figs
- Place sliced figs and roughly chopped pecans onto a lined baking tray and cover with maple syrup. Toss gently with your hands to ensure that the syrup has covered all the figs and nuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and allow to rest while you prepare French Toast.
Method for French Toast:
Place butter into a large pan over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes or until colour has turned golden. This gives it a nutty taste.
Meanwhile, whisk together the egg and the castor sugar then dip each slice of hot cross bun in the whisked egg to coat.
Place these slices onto your hot buttered pan and cook each side until toasty and golden (about 3 minutes each side).
Place Greek yogurt into a serving bowl and stir in the cinnamon.
Place French toast onto serving plates and serve with maple roasted figs and pecans and then serve with the Greek yogurt and cinnamon on the side.