This dish makes 8 – 10 servings, well it all depends on their appetite, my family definitely needs two dishes.. This Breakfast casserole reheats very well in the microwave. It can be frozen. But for best results, allow thawing in the refrigerator before reheating. Be careful not to microwave too long, about +- 2 to 3 minutes is about right in my microwave. . Serve hot. I like to eat it with a little bit of low-fat sour cream and salsa on top.
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (I use pre-sliced white mushrooms which do not need rinsing.)
- 1 large green pepper (coarsely chopped into pieces)
- 1-2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced (also called scallions)
- 1 cup crumbled feta (or more, to taste)
- 18 eggs
- 1 tsp. Spike of your favourite Seasoning (optional, but highly recommended)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 10 X 14 glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. (A slightly smaller dish than this will work. If your dish is much larger, just increase ingredients slightly.
Heat non-stick frying pan, add small amount of olive oil, and sauté mushrooms 4-5 minutes, until softened and partly cooked. Spread mushrooms in bottom of casserole dish. Add more olive oil to frying pan if needed, sauté green peppers until softened and partly cooked. Layer peppers over mushrooms. Crumble feta cheese over top of mushroom-pepper mixture.
Beat eggs with spike of Seasoning and black pepper. (Don’t add salt because Feta cheese is salty enough.) Bake about 45 minutes, or until casserole is firmly set and top is slightly browned.
ENJOY / LEKKER EET
Courtesy of: http://kampkosenwenke.weebly.com/