- 1 Cup (128 grams) Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup (225 grams) Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (230 grams)
- 1 Cup Eggs (about 5 eggs)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
Preheat oven to 180°C ¬ 356 °F
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs all at one time, beating well until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and gradually fold in flour, beating just until combined (do not overmix).
- Place mixture in prepared cake tin of your choice.
- Place in oven, if it becomes to brown quickly, Place tinfoil on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes, depending on your oven. The top should be light golden brown.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Depending on what type of baking tin you are using, invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
ENJOY! / EET LEKKER!