- 6 pork schnitzels or 6 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 250ml buttermilk
- Panko Breadcrumbs or any make dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- spices to taste
- vegetable oil
- If you have boneless loin pork chops:
Place the pork between two sheets of heavy plastic (resalable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the pork with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of ¼ inch. Trim any fat from the edges, and make a few small slits along the edge to prevent the pork from curling during cooking.
In 3 different bowls:
- Bowl 1: Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper
- Bowl 2: Pour in buttermilk
- Bowl 3: Add the bread crumbs
- Dredge the pork chops / schnitzels in the flour mixture one at a time, then dip into the buttermilk followed by the panko mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange no more than two pork chops / schnitzels in the skillet at a time, cooking until the meat is golden brown no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the pork chops / schnitzels in a warm oven to keep warm.