- 10 medium size potatoes
- 150 ml cooking oil
- 100g butter
- 1 x 55g brown onion soup packet
- 100g grated or powdered biltong
- Preheat oven to 180ºC – 356ºF. Peel potatoes and par boil for 20 minutes, or until half cooked. While they’re boiling, melt butter and mix with oil and brown onion soup powder. Mix in half the grated biltong, and set the other half aside.
- Grease 15×30 cm glass or Pyrex baking dish. Place par-boiled potatoes inside.
- Score whole par-boiled potato with a sharp blade to 2/3rd’s deep, 1 cm apart. Baste generously with biltong and oil mixture, and place in the oven for 1 hour, or until outsides are golden brown and crispy. Take out half way through and re-baste, if desired.
- Serve with remaining grated biltong sprinkled over. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever want to do them another way again.
ENJOY / EET LEKKER
Courtesy: Koskapperjolle 2