- 1 used a loaf of hard crusted Italian bread,
- 3 ribeye steaks
- 1 lb mushrooms
- an onion
- and some bacon.
- hollow out bread.
- Cook all that stuff
- Try to leave the steaks a little rare as they will carry over cook a little more in the sandwich
- Shove one of the steaks in the bread
- Sauce the steak
- I like to have to halves of the sandwich different so I use half thick worchschire sauce and half dijon mustard and horse raddish saucelayer of bacon
- Layer of swiss cheese
- Stuff in as much of the mushroom and onion mixture you can then the other steak along with the juices from the pan
- A little more sauce
- Top off with more swiss
- Put the top of the loaf back on
- Wrap in butchers paper
- Wrap in foil
- Put a heavy cutting board on top to squish it down
- Now get the weight on and wait and wait
I used 140lbs of weight and let it sit for 4 hourstake weight off, cut and enjoy.