- Butter and/or oil for frying.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced.
- 500g mushrooms, sliced.
- 1kg Venison rump, cut into thin strips.
- +- 7,5 Salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 10ml Dijon mustard.
- 375ml sour cream.
- 7,5ml dried thyme or 15ml fresh thyme.
- Heat the butter and/or oil and saute the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until well heated through.
- Spoon out.
- Heat more butter and/or oil, until very small quantities at a time, to seal in the juices.
- Add the meat to the vegetables and season with the salt, pepper and mustard, stir in the sour cream, and heat through, do not boil.
- Check seasoning.
- Put the stroganoff into a serving dish and sprinkle with Thyme.
- Serve with rice or buttered noodles.
ENJOY / EET LEKKER