– 1 onion
– ¾ cup olive oil
– 1kg Oxtail
– 1kg lamp neck
– 1kg small potatoes
– 500g small carrots
– 500g butternut
– 4 baby marrows
– 1 packet/tin mielies
– 1 packet green beans
– 1 packet fresh mushrooms
– 250ml red wine
– 500ml Coke
– 500ml fresh dairy cream
Seasoning – marinda salt, pepper, Robertson steak and chops, garlic flakes, Worcester sauce, Knor oxtail soup powder, Mrs Balls chutney
– Fry the onion in oil and add garlic flakes into the pot.
– Add oxtail and sheep neck in pot and fry until meat and onions are brown.
– Spice the meat with marinda salt, Robertson steak and chops and Worcester sauce.
– Add red wine, coke and 1½ cups of water and place the lid on pot and allow the pot to do it’s thing.
– After 90-120 minutes, add the small potatoes and carrots and 1½ cups of water. Let the pot cook for another 15-20 minutes. (At this stage the pot may not be stirred any longer or else the veggies will smash.)
– Cut the butternut in rings and place it on top of the potatoes and carrots.
– Cut the baby marrows in big chunks and place on top again, followed by the small mielies, green beans and mushrooms.
– Place the lid on pot for 10-15 minutes whilst making the sauce.
– In a separate pot, add 500ml dairy cream, 3/4 cup water, oxtail soup, 100ml Mrs Balls chutney and stir the mixture on a heated plate.
Eat and enjoy.