Ingredients : Cake
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Ingredients : Icing
- 500 g Icing
- 125g soft butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons or more boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons cocoa ½ teaspoon almond
Greased pan 45 cm by 25 cm.
Method : Cake
- Preheat Oven 200 ° C. ~ 400° degrees F
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Melt the butter add to above.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar and salt then add the sifted flour and the milk to above mixture. Stir to combine.
- Dissolve the baking soda in a small amount of milk and add.
- Pour into greased pan of about 45 cm by 25 cm. Smooth top
- Bake at 12 to 15 minutes at 200 ° C. ~ 400° degrees F
- Let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cover with a clean tea towel.
- When cake has cooled cut into squares.
Method : Icing
Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add butter, vanilla and boiling water. Stir until smooth
Place coconut in a dish
Using a fork, dip one piece of cake in icing. Shake off excess. Toss in coconut. Place on a wire rack over a baking tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut. Stand for 2 hours or until set. Serve.
The cake can also be dipped in smooth apricot preserves and then rolled in coconut.
Enjoy / Eet Lekker