Only pet-owners know how deep the sadness goes – when you can’t fly with your beloved animal to a holiday destination.
New airline, Lift, discovered a gap in the market and seized the opportunity to make your fur babies a priority. The airline now allows your small dog to fly with you in the cabin. Not on your lap though, not on all flights and not all dogs. Your four-legged furry will be allowed to travel in a pet-friendly carrier bag which will slide under your seat for the duration of the flight.
Your puppy must be older than 10 weeks
There are restrictions though, and an important one is that your puppy must be older than 10 weeks, and must be able to fit in a carrier-bag in which they can lie down and stand up.
Lift made the announcement on their website saying: “We know that your four-legged friends are a part of the family. That’s why we’ve created a unique offering for our travellers to fly onboard selected LIFT flights‚ with their small dogs. Your dog will now be able to travel in a pet-friendly carry bag placed under the seat in front of you.
“For those of you that aren’t pet fanatics or have allergies – not to worry! Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights‚ and a rigorous cleaning schedule is conducted in between flights.”
You can view their dog-friendly flight schedule.
They did apologise to pet-parents with larger dogs or other pets. “Unfortunately‚ we aren’t able to accommodate them at the moment. But as always‚ watch this space!”
How to book the service
- This service must be requested at least 72 hours before your intended date of travel.
- You have to fill out our Special Request Form. You DON’T need to book a flight.
- Select the “Travel With Your Small Dog” option and complete all required information.
- the LIFT Support Desk will be in contact within 24 hours to confirm availability. The cost of the dog-friendly booking (blocked-off seat) will be equal to the fare paid by the accompanying adult.
- Your booking confirmation will be emailed to you once our Customer Support Desk has processed your request.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2-hours before departure and ensure you have your dog’s carrier and all relevant travel documents.
Travel requirements for your dog
• Your dog must be at least 10 weeks old.
• A dog travelling in the cabin must be carried in an approved soft-case dog carrier bag at all times.
• The dog carrier bag may not exceed dimensions of 28cm x 20cm x 45cm.
• Puppy training pads/absorbent sheets must be placed in the dog carrier bag.
• Only one dog is allowed in a carrier bag‚ and the dog must be able to stand up‚ lie-down‚ and turn around comfortably.
• A dog will not be permitted to occupy a seat‚ and the dog carrier bag must fit completely under the seat in front of the window seat reserved and remain there at all times.
• Dogs must travel on the same flights as the traveller responsible for them.
• Dogs can’t travel with unaccompanied minors.