The new Jaguar E-PACE, featuring an enhanced interior, refreshed exterior, latest Pivi Pro infotainment and a choice of powerful and efficient engines, is now available in South Africa.
The upgrades include:
• Intuitive new Pivi Pro infotainment, exquisite details and contemporary design to create a tranquil cabin
• New three-cylinder petrol PHEV provides all-electric range of up to 55km
• Jaguar’s sophisticated Pivi Pro dual-sim set-up is accessed through an all-new 11.4-inch HD curved-glass touchscreen
• Software-Over-The-Air capability ensures latest vehicle systems and infotainment are installed and updated seamlessly and remotely
• Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filtration captures ultrafine particles and allergens for improved air quality inside
• Jaguar’s all-wheel drive system features Intelligent Driveline Dynamics, and now has driveline disconnect as standard for improved efficiency
• Range topping 300 SPORT features Active Driveline AWD and Adaptive Dynamics as standard, and can reach 0-100km/h in 6.9 seconds
Driver touchpoints around the cluster are now wrapped in soft touch materials while the knee side contact area has been sculpted to provide improved luxury and comfort.
Revised exterior of Jaguar E-PACE
At the front, new all-LED headlights feature ‘Double J’ Daytime Running Light (DRL) signatures and a new grille mesh design with diamond detailing.
The rear bumper now features a mesh insert which sits between the integrated tail pipes that are standard with four-cylinder petrol engines. The all-LED rear lights feature Jaguar’s chicane graphic, showcasing the advanced technology and modernity of the overall design.
When specified in purposeful R-Dynamic trim, the new Jaguar E-PACE features a series of performance-focussed design elements, while all models are available with the additional Black Exterior Pack, which delivers an even more dynamic appearance with bespoke elements finished in Narvik Black.
Four engine options
An advanced 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine is the latest member of the modular, flexible Ingenium engine family, and is available in the E-PACE with plug-in hybrid (PHEV) technology.
The P300e PHEV powertrain combines the 147kW 1.5-litre three-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine and an 80kW Electric Rear Axle Drive (ERAD) motor to deliver a combined 227kW/540Nm and 0-100km/h in 6.5 seconds. CO2 emissions measure from 44g/km and fuel economy is as low as 2.0l/100km (WLTP TEH combined)*.
The compact ERAD motor is powered by a 15kWh lithium-ion battery located under the boot floor. When fully charged it provides up to 55km of all-electric range, enabling the new all-wheel drive P300e to complete the average daily commute of 30.2km in EV mode without requiring a recharge**.
The new Jaguar E-PACE is also available with a next-generation 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium diesel and the latest 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines, all paired with AWD and nine-speed automatic transmissions.
The 147kW D200 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel produces 430Nm, and features a selection of advanced engine technologies to enhance refinement and efficiency, including friction-reducing steel pistons for the first time, while a variable vane turbocharger and the new 2,500 bar piezo common rail injection system deliver even finer control of fuel delivered into the cylinders to optimise efficiency.
The 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine is available in two power outputs, starting with a 184kW/365Nm P250 version accelerating from 0-100km/h in 7.5 seconds. Heading up the petrol engine range is the 221kW/400Nm P300 variant which is available exclusively in the E-PACE 300 SPORT. The range-topping 300 SPORT is 0-100km/h in 6.9 seconds and a maximum speed of 241km/h.
Cutting-edge connected technologies
The latest Pivi Pro infotainment technology is accessed through a new curved glass
11.4-inch HD touchscreen which is three times brighter and 48% larger than the previous screen.
Advanced SOTA connectivity enables customers to download and install software updates without having to visit a Jaguar retailer. Updates are downloaded in the background, with customers notified by an alert detailing the key changes.
Complementing the central 11.4-inch touchscreen is a new 12.3-inch HD Interactive Driver Display with enhanced graphics and a configurable layout which can show full screen navigation mapping with turn-by-turn instructions, digital dials, media, contact list or infotainment details.
Cabin Air Ionisation, activated by pressing the ‘Purify’ button in the touchscreen, improves interior air quality through Nanoe technology, which removes allergens and unpleasant odours.
The new E-PACE also features Jaguar’s ClearSight Interior Rear View Mirror technology to ensure an unobstructed view of the road behind. Using a wide angle rear-facing camera, the system feeds images to a high-definition screen within the frameless rear view mirror; unhindered by tall rear passengers, poor light or rain on the rear screen.
The latest 3D Surround Camera technology offers real-time viewing options when manoeuvring the vehicle with settings including Junction View, 3D Perspective View, and ClearSight Plan View.
Jaguar’s Driver Condition Monitor technology is able to detect if the driver is beginning to feel drowsy and alert them to take a break.
• E-PACE R-Dynamic S D200 R868,000
• E-PACE R-Dynamic SE D200 R898,600
• E-PACE R-Dynamic HSE D200 R938,800
• E-PACE R-Dynamic S P250 R927,500
• E-PACE R-Dynamic SE P250 R958,100
• E-PACE R-Dynamic HSE P250 R998,300
• E-PACE R-Dynamic S P300e R1,165,500
• E-PACE R-Dynamic SE P300e R1,196,100
• E-PACE R-Dynamic HSE P300e R1,236,300
• E-PACE 300 SPORT P300 R1,046,900
Prices include VAT but exclude CO2 tax.