1. The Woman goes to the shops and buys the meat and extras for the Braai.
2. The Woman makes the Salads, Braai broodjies, Pap any other extras.
3. The Woman spices the meat and puts all the Braai tongs and sauces together and takes it to the man who is next to the Fire (aka Braai Master who is busy watching the firing and drinking a “dop”/drink).
4. IMPORTANT: THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE BRAAI GRILL
5. The Woman prepares the plates, forks, knifes, sauces… well the whole table.
6. The Woman walks outside to remind the Braai Master about the meat as it’s busy burning. He thanks her and kindly asks her if she can bring him another another “dop” as he is too busy keeping things under control.
7. IMPORTANT: THE MAND REMOVES THE MEAT FROM THE BRAAI EN GIVES IT TO THE WOMAN
8. The Woman puts the meat on the table.
9. The woman clears the table and washes the dishes after.
10. Everybody thanks the man for the awesome Braai.
Later the man asks the woman if she enjoyed her “night off” from cooking…
And there you have it… Exposed, the truth behind the makings of a Braai!