If you are a fan of Appletiser, you need to make sure it is safe to drink. On Wednesday, the National Consumer Commission asked consumers to check their best before dates after Coca-cola Beverages South Africa recalled some of its products. More than 37 000 cases of the product distributed throughout South Africa are being recalled.
According to Commissioner Thezi Mabuza, the company’s quality control – including laboratory testing – revealed some items contain toxins outside of acceptable standards.
“We understand that the recall follows Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa routine checks, including laboratory testing where the lab results reveal that some batches contain mycotoxin patulin exceeding 50 microgram,” Mabuza said. “Consuming mycotoxin patulin exceeding 50 microgram may lead to vomiting, nausea as well as gastrointestinal symptoms. The commission urges supplies and manufacturers to prioritise the safety of consumers at all times.”
- Appletiser 1250ml pet – best before 07 November 21
- Appletiser 750ml non-returnable glass – best before 30 May 22
- Appletiser 275ml non-returnable glass – best before 10 June 22
- Appletiser slend 330ml can – best before 18 May 22
- Appletiser slend 330ml can – best before 19 May 22
- Appletiser slend 330ml can – best before 23 May 22