Weather forecast data provided by the South African Weather Service. For a detailed forecast of your province, click here.
Severe Weather Alerts
- A yellow level 2 warning for severe thunderstorms are expected over the Highveld of Mpumalanga southern parts of Limpopo as well as the extreme northern parts of KwaZulu Natal resulting in localized flooding in places, strong damaging winds and large amounts of small hail.
FIRE DANGER WARNINGS:
- Extreme high fire danger conditions expected over the North-West Province,and in places over the eastern half Northern Cape, and central Free State.
- A heat wave is expected in the Lowveld, Limpopo Valley and western Bushveld of Limpopo as well as the northern Lowveld of Mpumalanga until and including Monday.
- Extremely hot conditions are expected in the Lowveld of Mpumalanga and Limpopo and in the Limpopo Valley on Saturday and Monday.
- Hot and humid weather leading to extremely uncomfortable conditions are expected in the Lowveld areas of Limpopo and Mpumalanga until and including Monday.
Temperature and UBV forecast
Temperature: Partly cloudy and warm to hot with isolated showers and thundershowers.
The expected UVB Sunburn Index: Extreme.
Temperature: Fine and warm to hot but very hot to extremely hot in the Lowveld. It will become partly cloudy from the afternoon with scattered showers and thundershowers but isolated in the south-west.
Temperature: Fine and hot to very hot but extremely hot in the Lowveld and Limpopo Valley. It will become partly cloudy with isolated showers and thundershowers except in the Lowveld but scattered in the south.
Temperature: Partly cloudy, windy and hot to very hot, with isolated showers and thundershowers in the eastern parts.
Temperature: Partly cloudy and warm to hot with isolated showers and thundershowers over the eastern part.
Temperature: Partly cloudy in the north-east, otherwise fine and warm to hot.
Wind: Cloudy and misty along the coast at first with moderate to fresh southerly to south-easterly wind becoming strong north of Hondeklip Bay from afternoon.
Temperature: Fine in the western coastline, otherwise cloudy to partly cloudy and cool to warm.
Wind: The wind along the coast will be light to moderate southerly to south-westerly but fresh in the north-west.
The expected UVB Sunburn Index: Very high.
The Western half – Temperature: Cloudy and cool with isolates showers and rain in the south.
The Western half – Wind: The wind along the coast will be moderate south-westerly, becoming light from evening.
The Eastern half – Temperature: Cloudy and cool with isolated showers and rain, but scattered in places south of escapement.
The Eastern half – Wind: The wind along the coast will be moderate south-easterly.
Temperature: Morning fog over the interior, otherwise cloudy but partly cloudy in the west and cool but warm in the north. Isolated showers and thundershowers are expected but scattered in the north.
Wind: The wind along the coast will be moderate northerly to north-easterly north of Richards Bay at first, otherwise southerly to south-westerly
The expected UVB Sunburn Index: High.
Stay up to date by viewing our daily Regional weather forecast here.