First thing you need to know, LIKE this page and share with as many people as you possibly can. Team South Africa needs your helpl!
How to participate in the Braai Olympics:
- Organise a Braai at home or any suitable venue
- Invite your friends, all of them or some of them, there are no minimum but a Braai is always better with friends
- Select your Braai Olympic events (see a bit further down)
- Create your own Braai Olympics Park (even if it’s just you and your braai with some ready to Braai meat, it counts)
- Share and post your Braai Olympics events on our Facebook page or even your own, just share share share.
- If you have friends around and they are not South African you have to teach them some South African slang.
– If we are doing well: Lekker, Kwaai, Vat Hom Fluffy, [email protected] (optional)… etc
– If we are not doing so well: Bliksem, Donder, Moer, Nee Man… etc
You have to let them know that if their country is participating it works the other way around. eg Lekker if they lost and Moer Bliksem Donder if they have won an event.
Braai Olympic Events:
- Steak, Flame Grilled and Slow Braai in Blue Rare, Rare, Medium Rare, Medium and Well Done categories
- Braai Broodtjies, With and without onions, tomatoes and with and without Mrs Balls Chutney but cheese mandatory.
- Boerewors, All Flavours Thin and Thick Boerewors Categories
- Lamb Chops and/or Ribs
- Vegetables (Includes)
– Peppers, Mielies (corn), Chicken (yes it’s considered a vegetable in South Africa) Flatties, Drum Sticks & Thighs only, Sweet Potatoes (wrapped in tinfoil only) and/or Potatoes (wrapped in tinfoil only)
- Rooster Brood (Yeast Rolls)
- Sosaties, Chicken, Lamp, Pork and Vegetarian categories
- Potjie Pot ( The heavy weight category) All flavours and three legged cast iron pot mandatory and stirring 2 much instant disqualification
- Pork, Chops and/or Ribs
- Other qualifying events medals are awared for; Braai Olympics Babelas (hang-over), Endurance (fastest, longest etc) and Persistence (how many times you participated, at how many Braai Olympic Parks etc)…. and also anything else you can think of so post it on our Facebook page so that we can consider for approval as event .
No Gas, Only one Braai master per Braai Olympics Park, No English sausages or any event not listed above unless pre-approved by the Braai Olympics committee (dial 0800never-in-a-million-years lines open never) and any rules we have not included still apply so Braai Braai Braai you have an unlimited amount of tries for any of the events for the duration of the 2012 London Olympics.
Only approved drinks like Creme Soda, Castle Lager, Windhoek Lager, Black Labe, Klipdrift Brandy, Savanna Cider (Dry), Hunters Gold etc… allowed.
Support Team South Africa!!! Share this page, like this page, post your Braai Olympics pictures and let us know what events you participated in and what medals you have won and don’t forget a picture of your Braai Olympics Park.
CLICK HERE to visit our Facebook page.