– Visit Vilakazi Street on a tour of Soweto where Nobel Laureates Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu once lived on that same street at the same time.
– The Apartheid Museum is an eye-opening experience of 20th century South African history.
– Get deep in an abandoned mine, get your thrills on one of the rollercoasters or strike it rich at Gold Reef City and Casino.
– Shop for arts, crafts and distinctly African ware at Rosebank Rooftop Market.
– Go bird watching, clubbing, catch a theatre show or gamble at Montecasino.
– Shop, watch a movie and enjoy a meal at any one of the city’s malls (Greenstone, Fourways Mall or Sandton City)
– Sandboard down a gold mine dump in the city’s East Rand.
– Picnic or braai at the equally tranquil Emmarentia Dam, Zoo Lake.
– Tour through mankind’s evolution at the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site.
– Treat the family to outdoor entertainment at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens.
– Discover beer’s background story at the SAB World of Beer – voted South Africa’s top tourist attraction
– Get close to big cats at the Lion Park.