– Exploit rugged, unspoilt beaches along the sunshine coast and Kragga Kamma Game Park.
– Take in 47 places of historical interest on the Donkin Heritage Walking Trail to truly get to know the city.
– Ride the Apple Express, a narrow-gauge (two feet) tourist train which departs regularly for Thornhill Village via the Van Staden’s River bridge, the highest narrow-gauge rail bridge in the world.
– Travel up the Marine Drive which leads to blue flag beaches and the chance to view dolphins, whales and cormorants diving for fish.
– Be entertained at the oldest theatre in Africa, The Port Elizabeth Opera House.
– Hit the boardwalk for scrumptious seafood and other restaurants.
– Slide down Alexandria Dune Fields, the largest coastal dune field in the southern hemisphere.
– View the big seven at Addo National Park. That’s the big five plus the southern right whale and great white shark.
– If you fancy a drive. then make your way to Jeffrey’s Bay for world-class surf or the village of Qunu where Nelson Mandela was born and visit the Nelson Mandela Museum.
– Tour the Garden Route on your way to Cape Town and stop at Bloukrans Bridge for the highest bungy jump in the world.