- 2.5cups cake flour
- 1TBS cornflour
- 0.5 cup castor sugar
- 190g Stork Bake, chilled
- 1 cup milk or cream, if necessary
- 250g pitted dates, cut into 2 – 5 cm pieces
- 1 cup milk for dipping rolls
- 1 pkt coconut for coating
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift both types of flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Grate the Stork Bake into flour and rub in to gather into a dough.
- If the dough is crumbly, add a few tablespoons of milk or cream.
- Break off walnut size pieces of the dough and roll into a disc.
- Place a piece of date and fold into finger size rolls.
- Dip in milk and roll in coconut.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly coloured.
- Remove and cool before serving.
ALSO TRY: Cheese straws recipe