- 1 TBS coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 TBS finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow, orange or green bell pepper, sliced into thin long strips
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 TBS Thai red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Heat a large wok over medium heat and add oil. Add the onion and salt until it turns translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant while stirring continuously.
- Add the bell peppers and carrots and mushrooms. Cook until the bell peppers are fork-tender, 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Mushrooms should be soft. Then add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, spinach and sugar, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the peppers, carrots, mushroom and spinach have softened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the wok from the heat and season with soy and lime juice. Garnish with chopped coriander and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Add fresh chillies if you like your curry hot and spicy.
ALSO TRY: Honey and garlic pork chops